To achieve Telco transformation you need an open source strategy – Top 5 reasons
Enable services portability across multiple clouds
You need the flexibility to run your operational support system (OSS) and business support system (BSS) workloads on any cloud — off- and on-premise — and switch in-between as needed.
Open source allows you to:
- Be platform-independent
- Deploy applications across a
- hybrid c
- loud environment with
- no vendor lock-in
- Pick the best fit for each use case
- Move workloads or apps between
- domains as needed
Integrate with legacy systems
Find a path forward to modernize legacy OSS and BSS.
With open source technology, you can:
- Set a course and control the pace of migration
- Mix legacy applications with new or refactored ones
- Gain quick wins and long-term success with a cloud-
- native approach to your OSS and BSS
Adapt more easily to future requirements and technologies
Invest in an open source platform that can quickly adapt to new business requirements and technologies.
Standardize on an open platform to:
- Quickly meet changing demand
- Introduce new services and applications
- to market faster
- Ensure scalability
Innovate faster with open collaboration
The benefits increase exponentially when you collaborate openly.
With open source technology you can:
- Solve problems efficiently using an open forum
- Create better software using the collective talent
- of open source communities
- Innovate faster with collaboration
Reduce risk and gain security
When development is distributed, the risk of failure goes down.
With open source collaboration, you can:
- Update software and apply
- fixes with lower risk
- Offer standardized interfaces and greater visibility — boosting security
- Strengthen your control over
- security to better protect your
- application stack
Choose an open source cloud-native platform as early in the process as possible. Shared development reduces cost, increases flexibility, and ensures that new features align more closely with your customer requirements.