As a result of attending this course, participants should be able to use Ansible for the purpose of automation, configuration, and management.
After completing the course the participants should be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Install and configure Ansible or Red Hat Ansible Engine on a control node.
- Create and manage inventories of managed hosts, as well as prepare them for Ansible automation.
- Run individual ad hoc automation tasks from the command line.
- Write Ansible Playbooks to consistently automate multiple tasks and apply them to managed hosts.
- Parameterize playbooks using variables and facts, and protect sensitive data with Ansible Vault.
- Write and reuse existing Ansible roles to simplify playbook creation and reuse code.
- Automate common Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administration tasks using Ansible.
This course is developed toward Linux system administrators, DevOps engineers, infrastructure automation engineers, and systems design engineers who are responsible for these tasks:
- Automating configuration management
- Ensuring consistent and repeatable application deployment
- Provisioning and deployment of development, testing, and production servers
- Integrating with DevOps continuous integration/continuous delivery workflows