About Red Hat
Red Hat, Inc. is an American multinational software company that provides open source software products to the enterprise community. Founded in 1993, Red Hat has its corporate headquarters in Raleigh, North Carolina, with other offices worldwide. It became a subsidiary of IBM on July 9, 2019.
Red Hat has become associated to a large extent with its enterprise operating system Red Hat Enterprise Linux. With the acquisition of open-source enterprise middleware vendor JBoss, Red Hat also offers Red Hat Virtualization (RHV), an enterprise virtualization product. Red Hat provides storage, operating system platforms, middleware, applications, management products, and support, training, and consulting services.
Red Hat creates, maintains, and contributes to many free software projects. It has acquired several proprietary software product codebases through corporate mergers and acquisitions and has released such software under open source licenses. As of March 2019, Red Hat is the second largest corporate contributor to the Linux kernel version 5.14 after Intel.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
Red Hat makes open source enterprise-ready, giving you confidence in your Linux decision by knowing your datacenter’s foundation is hardened, tested, and supported:
- By the top contributor to the Linux kernel
- By the maintainer for several subsystems including sVirt, KVM, and SELinux
- Through the value of your subscription
Red Hat has the expertise to deliver enterprise-ready, open source software and has the leadership to influence upstream innovation through continuous customer feedback.
Red Hat also gives continuous and integrated security from the Red Hat Security Response team. 100% of all critical security issues are fixed within 24 hours through the value of a Red Hat subscription.
Additionally, Red Hat’s life cycle promise, award-winning customer portal, around-the-clock access to Red Hat certified engineers, and the industry-leading Security Response Team makes Red Hat Enterprise Linux extremely secure and stable for enterprise workloads.
The three most important attributes Red Hat Linux operating system can offer are :
- Ease of use
Containers start with Linux. Hybrid cloud starts with Linux. Customers using RHEL benefit from a consistent yet flexible environment as they automate, containerize, or pursue different cloud deployment models. RHEL skills are relevant to Red Hat OpenShift Platform.
Customers evaluating Kubernetes, OpenShift, Containers, and/or deploying hybrid models and automation strategies need Linux as the underlying platform to support new application initiatives. In this motion, Red Hat Enterprise Linux is positioned as the proven platform for innovation and new application initiatives across cloud technologies. Organizations that are building modern applications using cloud native technologies, are building them on Linux and Red Hat Enterprise Linux is the market leader.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux provides numerous advantages for customers including a flexible environment as they automate, containerize, or pursue different cloud deployment models. For this motion our targets are:
- Organizations implementing major application upgrades or technology refreshes.
- Organizations moving their applications to the cloud – particularly hybrid, multi-cloud strategies.
- Organizations evaluating or testing containerizing their applications, container orchestration, Kubernetes, Red Hat OpenShift Platform, Docker.
Data is increasingly becoming an organization’s most valuable asset. To support this new status applications and users need fast, reliable access to the right data at all times- making database reliability, security, and performance critical to organizational success. Red Hat Enterprise Linux is ideal for database workloads because it provides an optimized experience that includes record breaking performance, increased security, and easier overall management.
Modernization and cost reduction for organizations using UNIX and other OS platforms has historically been the main sales motion for RHEL. The viability of the UNIX platform is declining, with many IT providers winding down their investments in UNIX systems and shifting focus toward Linux platforms.
In addition, new technologies and applications are often not certified or tested for UNIX systems. In this motion, the focus is helping customers move from existing UNIX implementations to Red Hat Enterprise Linux. RHEL provides numerous advantages including a lower overall cost of ownership and a massive ecosystem of certified software and infrastructure partners.
Why should you choose IPSR for Red Hat Training & Certification
- World’s leading Training and Certification Partner of Red Hat
- One of the oldest Red Hat partner (authorised partner since 2003)
- Bagged 37 National & International Awards from Red Hat
- Training team led by Architect level certified professionals and corporate trainers
- Training Infrastructure with International Standards
- KOALA (Kiosk on a Laptop Architecture) facility for Red Hat Individual Exams (RHIE)
- Trained candidates from 50+ countries and guided 1 Lakh+ candidates into IT / ITeS jobs
- Produced the Highest number of Red Hat Professionals in the world
- Flexible batch timings available for working professionals