Candidates should be able to use security technologies included in Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform and Red Hat Enterprise Linux to manage security risk and help meet compliance requirements.
Skills to be demonstrated:
- Use recommended practices to ensure that images for container deployment come from trusted sources, including the use of secure registries, signed images, secure access protocols, and authorized access controls.
- Explain and implement advanced SELinux techniques to restrict access by users, processes, and virtual machines.
- Configure security context constraints to control the actions that pods can perform and to declare what a pod has the ability to access.
- Implement the Linux computer security (seccomp) and Linux capabilities features to control the vulnerability footprint of a containerized application.
- Implement and configure single sign-on for web applications, including the use of JWT for token sharing.
- Explain and implement network isolation and encryption techniques to segregate application traffic to allow only authorized access.
- Implement and explain storage management techniques to segregate volume storage I/O to allow only authorized access.
- Observe and explain how the build process can be extended to include automated security testing and vulnerability scanning to ensure that no exploits are introduced into the final container images to be deployed.
- Manage container deployment policies and configuration to control application placement, resource capacity, container affinity, and application demand scaling.
- Manage OpenShift project access and quotas to ensure private and authorized self-service access, as well as to limit exposure to rogue tokens and denial-of-service attempts.
This course is designed for professionals responsible for designing, implementing, maintaining, and managing the security of containerized applications on Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems and in Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform installations, including these roles:
- System administrators
- IT security administrators
- IT security engineers
- DevOps engineers
- Cloud developers
- Cloud architects