Hottest Linux certification for 2018
It is often said that “the best view comes after the hardest climb”.
The IT industries as such were in terrific trials to explore the best. This scenario has set the things to a model of convergence; the trials for the best in the IT industry seem to converge to Linux and Clouds. It is studied that more than 80 percent of the global market depends on Linux in one way or the other. Hence the demand for Linux professionals is at all time high.
Data Analytics and Big Data have spread wings to span the highest growth in the industry. Admirably these domains relies more on Linux. In 2018, a gross migration and adoption on Linux is expected, as it is studied that right from the fortune companies to the budding start-ups seems to capitalize more on Linux platform. In the industry the world leaders among the open source providers is Red Hat, it has proved to be the best Linux distros for enterprise servers. Red Hat is also rated to be the leading provider of software solutions with greater support, security and Software Compatibility. Red Hat Inc is the only Open Source software company to cross Billion USD mark.
It is remarkable that most of the IT companies globally rely on Certification as one of the key factor in recruitment policies, because certifications are the good way of validating the competency level of a professional and to access what they say they can do. Survey on the hottest certification worldwide reveals that Red Hat holds the top three positions in Linux related certifications.
In the first up is Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA). This certification is an entry level certification to Red Hat Linux. In the second position it is Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE). Newly, this certification has experienced resurgence in terms of demand. RHCE is on such a demand due to its particular focus on administration and network engineering via Linux.
As per the Red Hat an RHCE is specialized in following skills
- Configuring static routes, packet filtering, and network address translation
- Setting kernel runtime parameters
- Configuring an Internet Small Computer System Interface (ISCSI) initiator
- Producing and delivering reports on system utilization
- Using shell scripting to automate system maintenance tasks
- Configuring system logging, including remote logging
- Configuring a system to provide networking services, including HTTP/HTTPS, File Transfer Protocol (FTP), network file system (NFS), server message block (SMB), Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP), secure shell (SSH) and Network Time Protocol (NTP)
Third in line is Red Hat Cloud Architect (RHCA). This is the capstone certification of Red Hat. For earning this credential a candidate must first have their RHCE certification and a pass in any of the five exams listed below.
- EX210 – Red Hat Certified System Administrator in Red Hat OpenStack exam
- EX220 – Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Hybrid Cloud Management exam
- EX236 – Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Hybrid Cloud Storage exam
- EX280 – Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Platform-as-a-Service exam
- EX310 – Red Hat Certified Engineer in Red Hat OpenStack
- EX318 – Red Hat Certified Virtualization Administrator exam
- EX403 – Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Deployment and Systems Management exam
- EX405 – Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Configuration Management with Puppet
- EX407 – Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Ansible Automation
In a career scale, holding a certification in Red Hat provides ample opportunity in multiple variant of IT industry. A global survey on the prospects of certification, it is notable that once you add an RHCE to resume it will command an approximate annual salary of $ 140,000 and is of high demand as well. An RHCA certified Architect have a top annual salary of $ 160,000. Perhaps it is trust worthy to note that the RHCA is listed in the government Department of Defence (DOD) requirements.
Positively, the most significant aspect is that Linux and Cloud will continue its sail sustainable over a long period of time. It’s true to say that today’s choices are tomorrow’s reality so go for a smart one to make tomorrow a great.
Some interesting facts relating to Red Hat and its certifications
- 93% of Red Hat Certified Professionals agree that Red Hat’s hands-on testing approach provides a better measure of skills and knowledge.
- 84% of Red Hat Certified Professionals believe Red Hat certification has helped or will help them in their current job
- More than 90% of fortune global 500 companies rely on Red Hat
- 91% of IT managers consider certifications vital in hiring and predicting employee success
- 82% of companies using online job boards to recruit for Linux® positions request Red Hat® Certified Professionals