Handy Tips for Instagramers
This could be a convenient update, or possibly new information for those not aware of the full capability of Instagram’s UI. Instagram CEO Adam Mosseri has laid out a range of tips on the most proficient method to use the application’s different navigation shortcuts.
The shortcuts laid out in the video clip are:
- Tap on the Home icon to return to the top of your feed
- Press and hold on the search icon to start a search instantly with your keypad enabled, instead of tapping through to the Explore tab
- Double-tap on the profile icon to quickly switch between accounts
- Tap and hold to pause Stories
- Glancing on posts in the Explore tab by pressing and holding on to the thumbnail picture
The updates are not new, but just a reminder of these different shortcut functions, which could both smooth out your use of Instagram, while additionally making you appear as though you’re all over the most recent to your friends. The most recent of these functions, as he says, is the choice to switch accounts by double-tapping on the profile picture, which Instagram added toward the end of last year. That could be helpful for the individuals who routinely handle multiple accounts – which is particularly significant for social media managers.