DO288 Course Updated
Red Hat OpenShift Development I: Containerizing Applications updated to OpenShift Container Platform 4.1
Containers and OpenShift have quickly become the de facto solution for agile development and application deployment. Administrators and developers are seeking ways to improve application time-to-market for minimum viable products. This course provides the gateway to organizational and digital transformation by providing an understanding of the potential of DevOps using a container-based architecture.
A container-based architecture, orchestrated with Kubernetes and OpenShift, improves application reliability and scalability, while decreasing developer overhead as well as facilitating continuous deployment. Building on the container foundations set in DO180, DO288 is the first developer-focused OpenShift course.
Red Hat OpenShift Development I (DO288) teaches students how to design, build, and deploy containerized software applications to an OpenShift cluster. This course provides the gateway to organizational and digital transformation by providing an understanding of the potential of DevOps using a container-based architecture and enabling developers to leverage container technology to deploy their applications.
Whether writing container-native applications or migrating existing brownfield applications, this course provides hands-on training to boost developer productivity powered by Red Hat OpenShift for developers, administrators, and site reliability engineers. The final outcome from adopting a container-based architecture should lead toward more efficient development and increased overall productivity.
Version – OpenShift Container Platform 4.1 & Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.6
Prequel – RHCSA or equivalent experience is required & DO180 – Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift
Sequel – DO292 OpenShift Developer II: Creating Microservices with Red Hat OpenShift Application Runtimes
Certification – Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Application Development (EX288)
Students who have already taken DO288 on the previous release (OCP version 3.6) can proceed to DO292 without retaking this version.
This course includes :
- New chapter on CI/CD with Jenkins
- Classroom architecture leverages a shared OpenShift 4.1 cluster
- Now requires the internet to connect to cloud-based workstation
- Hardware requirements are now Level I instead of Level IV
- Students now utilize Github and Quay.io to complete the course exercises and labs
- Deprecated Docker in favor of podman
- New section that provides a high-level overview of OpenShift 4
- Universal Base Image support
- Updated instructions and exercises utilizing the new OpenShift 4 web console
- Reorganize sections to improve course flow and timing
- Fix course defects and improvements requested by instructors
This course is available in Instructor Led Training, Virtual Training, Online Learning modes and also with Red Hat Learning Subscription (RHLS).